Fact is, you have no privacy.
Everybody is freaking out about something that they shouldn't worry about at all, because privacy doesn't exist.
All this new Google feature is going to do, is record your web browsers history, only during the time you are SIGNED IN to GOOGLE.
So, just don't sign in, (if for some reason you have an aversion to properly motivated advertising, which is the worst thing Google's going to "do" to you.)
However, if you must, you can turn this new Google History feature OFF.
No media outlet seems to be talking about this, (because a non-story doesn't sell.)
So here's how to do it.
First, open a new tab (or window) so you can read these instructions while you go to where you need to.
1. Sign into any Google service. (Gmail, blogger, youtube...)
2. Usually, there's a title like "My Account" or some other link that points you to the Google Services page. What we are looking for is your DASHBOARD. So, if you see DASHBOARD click it, if you don't click MY ACCOUNT.
3. If you didn't find DASHBOARD in the previous step, click it now. You may need to click PROFILE AND PRIVACY, depending on what site you're at. Then click DASHBOARD
4. Your Google DASHBOARD has all your google products. Under the main heading at the top is MANAGE ACCOUNT. Click it.
5. Now you're looking at your account settings. Scroll down a bit and you'll see SERVICES. One of these services will say VIEW, ENABLE OR DISABLE WEB HISTORY. Click GOTO WEB HISTORY.
6. Now you'll see whether or not your web history is enabled, disabled, etc. If it's disabled, ENABLE it. Then click REMOVE ALL WEB HISTORY. Then click PAUSE.
7. Now sign out. You just permenantly paused Google from collecting your web history, while signed into Google products.
Enjoy continuing to get innapropriate internet advertising and enjoy being no less safe on the net.
There is no such thing as internet privacy.
Anybody who wants your info can get it, easily.